Monday, May 7, 2012

All Work and No Play. Wait, Switch That to ALL Play and NO Work!!

I finally had a fun, busy day that was not focused on getting a job! This morning I went up to LA to meet my friend Cooper from BYU. We met at the LA temple so we could carpool to the Santa Monica Pier. While I was waiting for him to arrive, I got some pics of the temple!

I never realized how pretty the LA temple was! But I am glad I had some time to walk around and get some pics! I hope I have time later this summer to go there and do baptisms! That would be awesome! If you want to learn more about temples you can click here! :)  Anyways, once Cooper got to our meeting point, we hopped in my car and headed over to the Santa Monica pier!

I love beach scenes! It is just one of the perks of living in southern California! Nothing can compare to the beauty of the ocean, the waves, and the sand! I love it! I loved just walking along the pier and looking at everything! It was so relaxing! There we some cool entertainers/ people on the pier too! Their was this one guy who made this amazing artwork with mostly his fingers! It was ridiculous and so cool to watch! I also saw this really cool piano on the pier!
Super random, but way nifty! :)  After chilling on the Pier and enjoying the scenery for an hour-ish we headed over to the famous Diddy Riese in Westwood! Apparently it's a popular place for post-LA Temple refreshments and all of the UCLA kids; and now I can understand why!
If you've never been there, you should make a trip, because it is delicious and pretty cheap for an ice cream shop! You can even make your own ice cream sandwich! You choose the kind of cookies and the kind of ice cream! I broke my no sweets and no desserts thing for my chocolate chip cookie & mint chocolate chip ice cream sandwich!
Since the day I started my no sweets & desserts I planned on breaking it when I went to Diddy Riese with Cooper. So I made it a month and a half and I am starting over tomorrow! I am going to try and make it until my birthday, July 28! So that's over 3 months, but I think I can do it! After Diddy Riese, Cooper and I said our goodbyes and we will see each other again in 2 years when he gets home from his mission! As soon as I got home and ate lunch, I had to leave again! My family and I went to go see The Avengers in IMAX!
My brother was so excited to go see it! He even wore his Captain America shirt - it was so cute! haha The movie was definitely way good! I really liked it! If you haven't seen it yet - GO! It is a great movie, and it even broke box office records! so if you don't believe me that it's good, just look at the stats and box office records that it broke haha anyway, that sums up my busy Monday that instead of "all work and no play" was all play and no work!
peace out :)

1 comment: