Sunday, May 13, 2012

Museums, Arcades, Beach Houses, and More!

So just to give you a heads up, this post is going to have a lot of pictures!! haha At Del Cerro Elementary school,  the third graders choose a city in Orange County and do a report on it. All of my sisters and I have done our report on Newport Beach because we used to go there a lot when we were younger. Well this year it was my brothers turn to take on the "challenge" of the Newport Beach report! haha Yesterday I got to take him on a little tour/adventure in Newport Beach and Balboa. While I had a job interview at Camp James on the Newport back bay, I dropped Melissa and Christian off at Fashion Island to get some pictures, fliers, and just look around! After my interview we went to the sports museum! They had a whole bunch of signed jerseys, trophies, footballs, etc. They also had a a mini basketball court and some other displays. It was pretty cool!




My favorite display room was the Quicksilver Roxy one! It had a whole bunch of stuff from the athletes they sponsor as well as a wall of surfboards!


After the sports museum we went over to balboa island and rode the ferry over the fun zone and pier!
Before we could have some fun in the arcade, we had to visit the nautical museum since it is a "point of interest" haha. Christian, surprisingly, wasn't too interested in it, but we got some pictures that he can use for his project anyways.

 After that we got to hit up the arcade for a little and played some classic arcade games like Whack- a - Mole and SkeeBall! Nothing beats spending time in the good ol' arcade and getting prizes for your tickets! haha


Christian was super excited about all the tickets he won! haha and then of course we went and turned in our tickets for prizes! I love how arcades are such a rip off but they are just so great and people still go to them anyways! haha Before we went back to the ferry, we walked over the pier and snagged some pics!
Also my hair is kind of all over the place in this picture, so just don't mind that! haha I wish we had time to eat at Ruby's on the pier! I remember eating there as a little girl and it was so exciting to eat at one of my favorite restaurants on the end of a pier! I loved it when we got rooftop seating and you had a great view of the ocean and Balboa! After that we headed back to the ferry and said good-bye to Balboa!
As we were walking from the ferry back to our car, I took a whole bunch of pictures of beach houses! Wayy more than I took when we first parked! haha I just love beach houses a whole lot! I love their architecture, size, and the fact they are on the beach! Or harbor, in this case! but anyway, here are some of the cute houses I saw! We even found the home of a BYU fan!
See the little BYU address sign right above the tree/bush thing?? haha





I guess I kind of have a secret obsession with beach houses haha. My sister said I looked like a tourist because I was taking pictures of a whole bunch of houses! haha After Balboa we made one last stop at the Newport Beach Temple!

We even had a little fun at the temple! Christian was showing me something cool about the fountain and how you could have your hand gently floating on the surface, and it gave me the perfect opportunity to splash him! I know I probably shouldn't have, I mean we were on the temple grounds and I guess you could say it was "holy water" haha but his face was like 5 inches from the waters surface and it was the perfect opportunity!


He wasn't very happy about it, but oh well, he can deal with it! haha after that we headed home and feasted on some tacos, watched 17 Again, and then that was the end of our Saturday adventures! :)

P.S. Happy Mothers Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment