Friday, May 18, 2012

Let's Get Crafty

This week I decided to re-kindle my craftiness. I had started working on a denim patch blanket last summer and my goal this summer is too finish! On Tuesday I finished sewing all the rows together, so I am like 75% done!
Woohoo! I am definitely making progress! I also whipped out all of my scrapbooking stuff and got fancy with some letters I was writing to my friends Hunter and Christian. It was so nice to scrapbook again, even though it definitely was not my best scrapbooking job haha I didn't get to bring any of my scrapbooking stuff to college with me and I am grateful I had time this week to scrapbook again! I feel like I have lost a little bit of my scrapbooking skill since I haven't done it in over year! I mean I didn't have too much skill to begin with anyway, but I am definitely going to have to practice some more if I want to become a better scrapbooker! Besides getting crafty this week I did some other things too! I think I will just list them off because I don't feel like explaining all of them/writing paragraph form and some of them are simple ahah I guess I just feel kinda lazy!
  • I had 2 job interviews this week (Camp James & CampCo Day Camps)
  • I showed up for a third interview and the guy forgot to email me that he postponed my interview. Basically wasted an hour in the car. Not cool.
  • I stepped on a slug this morning.. in my house!!! Totally gross.
  • Bought my brother a Perry the Platypus blanket. It was only $5 a Target! What a bargain! I just love that place haha
  • I went to a bonfire last night with a whole bunch of kids from Tesoro. It was awesome to hang out with friends and just chill! Bonfires are one of my favorite things about summertime in southern california! Bonfires just aren't bonfires to me if they are not at the beach! The best is when you get their in time to see the sunset! Okay I know I just explained this one, but whatever. It was worth explaining and I do what I want haha
  • Also hit up the beach today with mi amiga Kelsey. I saw some awesome beach houses! Remember my last post and my obsession with beach houses? yepp I was pretty happy to see walk past some pretty beach houses on the way down to the beach. I also got sunburned, but it's cool because with some aloe vera it will turn into a tan!
  • I've been listening to 90's music this evening. I secretly love 90's music and I am grateful for my 90's pop music station on Pandora!
And that's about all I can think of for this week! Unfortunately, it wasn't too exciting! haha anyway, peace out :)

No comments:

Post a Comment