Friday, April 27, 2012

Beach, Burgers, and the Little Bro

I have always been a native Californian but I got to hit up the beach yesterday and I totally felt my California-ness rekindle! haha The sand, surf, and sun were so refreshing and it felt to awesome to just lay out and relax! Despite the fact that it rained the night before and all morning, it cleared up and was beautiful at the beach! Not too hot with the perfect breeze to keep us cool!

I could completely relax because had no where to be and I was in good company, aka mi amiga Brooke!


















I totally love this girl and I am so glad I got to hang out with her before she leaves for all her summer adventures! It was great to catch up with her and also get working on my tan! haha After the beach we went to In 'N' Out, which I hadn't had since winter break. Oh my heck, I forgot how much I love their burgers! I was in heaven! I had an animal style burger for the first time and I honestly didn't notice a difference, but I just know that it was a delicious burger, like I have always remembered haha I didn't give into a Neapolitan shake though! My no desserts/no sweets thing is still going strong! It's almost been a month and a half! Also, I think I have corrupted my brother because he wants me to take him to the beach this weekend, and one of his reasons is because he says he "needs to tan." What have I done to this kid?!? He is nine years old and worrying about his tan! I keep telling him that he does not need to worry about it and that he is fine! And he just replies, "I just need a little more color." or "I just want to get a shade darker." Heaven help us all. What have I instilled into this kid's mind! haha I am not going to take a nine year old to the beach just so he can tan! If I am taking him to the beach, I am going to bring out my inner child and we will go boogie boarding and build sand castles. None of this laying out and just tanning for three hours. That won't fly with me. haha Hopefully I can reverse his thinking and get him not to worry about his skin tone or else I will be very disappointed in myself!! Today I had my first job interview, and I will find out Monday how it went! I also went to a birthday dinner with a really good friend of mine and her family. It was great to see her and I am glad I was home from college in time for her birthday! Unfortunately, the rest of the weekend is pretty uneventful as I am still on the job hunt and everyone else is in school haha Well that's a wrap for today, peace out :)

No comments:

Post a Comment