Sunday, April 15, 2012

Floating Lanterns!

So I know I already posted today, but I did the coolest thing tonight and I couldn't wait to post about it! After our last ward prayer of the year, our ward set off floating lanterns! Just like the ones in the Tangled!
Unfortunately we didn't have as many lanterns as were in Tangled, but I am pretty sure I had the same facial expression as Rapunzel during the whole lantern scene because I was just so awe-struck, amazed, happy, mesmerized, etc. haha anyway, here's what the lanterns looked like before we lit them. They were a lot bigger than I thought they would be!


After we all got our lanterns, we walked over to the law school parking lot and started lighting them!


After they began to fill with hot air we were able to let them go and watch them float away!


It was such a cool experience to light my own lantern and watch it float up into the sky and join the other lanterns! A whole portion of the sky was filled with them! People started showing up from all directions to see the lanterns and a lot of cars drove up and just watched us set them off. I heard the Daily Universe even showed up; maybe our ward will be in the news! So that's pretty cool! I wish we had more lanterns because I could have set those off all night and just watched them in the sky! The pictures don't even do the event justice! Doesn't help that I took the pictures on my phone either.. Oh well! Even though we didn't have as many lanterns as in Tangled it was still amazing and so pretty to see in person! What a great way to end my Sunday/ weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Where did you purchase the lanterns? We live in Southern Ut but will be in Provo this Saturday.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete