Sunday, April 29, 2012

Lucky Me

So I have to say yesterday was pretty great! I am pretty lucky to live in such an awesome place where there are so many things to do! My brother has been begging my to take him to the beach since I got home and I just couldn't say no! I mean how could you resist this kid?
Plus, it's pretty hard to resist a day at the beach! Since the weather was so nice yesterday, Christian, Amanda, and I took a trip to Dana strands! I was brave and ventured into the freezing cold water so I could keep an eye on Christian and also teach him how to boogie board! I loved watching the little guy catch the waves! I wish I had a water proof camera so I could get his face!
 
He was always so stoked whenever he rode a wave all the way into shore! haha the question of the day became should we ride it or jump it? haha Oh ya and I taught him how to jump over the waves with his board so he wouldn't get pushed back to shore as much haha. Amanda also had her own little adventures at the beach, while I was tending to Christian out in the water, Amanda saw a seal pop up 5 feet in front of her! Crazy stuff, right?! I wish I could have seen it! After freezing out butts off in the water, we got out and Christian and Amanda got working on a sand castle while I laid on my towel and kept an eye on them. Amanda also managed to capture a sand crab while working on the castle!
It's kinda hard to see but it's at the top of the frisbee right on the edge of the shadow. We spent almost 3 hours there and it was a great Saturday afternoon! Funny side note about our little trip, we all had the same style of sunglasses haha Amanda wouldn't pose for a group pic though, so I got one of just me and Christian haha
Saturday evening, I ended up going to LA on a spur of the moment kinda thing with my friend Noelia. We met up with a friend from Junior high, Nicola, who now goes to UCLA and her friend. After picking them up we went to the 3rd Street Promenade in Santa Monica and ate at the Crepe Cafe.

If you have never been to the 3rd Street Promenade before, you should go! Because it is way nice and a cool outdoor shopping experience! It's just a unique place and all the stores a pretty big! Also, the Crepe Cafe was delicious and I enjoyed an Applesauce, Banana, & Cinnamon Crepe! Pretty healthy and not to desserty! So haven't broken my no sweets yet! That won't happen till I go to Diddy Reise on Tuesday. After eating, we walked over to the Santa Monica Pier and rode the ferris wheel! I can check going to the Santa Monica pier off my check list! haha Going there really made me wanna go to California Adventure though since Paradise Pier was designed to kinda resemble the Santa Monica Pier. I sure miss Disneyland, a whole lot! Especially since I went there ALL the time my last 2 years of high school! I guess I am just a lucky kid that has been blessed to have grown up in Orange County where there's Disneyalnd and so many other things to do, as well as live with in decent driving distance of LA and San Diego! I guess all I can say is thanks mom and dad, and lucky me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment