Wednesday, April 25, 2012

My First Day of Shadowing!

Today was my first day shadowing my old pediatrician, Dr. Shannon. I would love to go to med school, but it is much more practical for me to go to PA School and since (I think) I want to be a pediatric PA, he is letting me shadow him since his nurse practitioners are too busy to be shadowed anyway. I learned a lot about basic well checks/physicals, Vitamin D, and Magnesium, but mostly Vitamin D! He is totally for everyone taking Vitamin D because it helps prevent cancer, heart attacks, and people with higher Vitamin D levels seem to get sick less often. Some homework he gave me to research vitamin d and here's one of the websites he gave me if you wanna check it out yourself!

 Besides all of that Vitamin D stuff, I learned that I am pretty sure I definitely wanna work with kids! Kinda just contradicted my self with "pretty sure" and "definitely", but whatever! haha They were so cute and I would way rather work with them rather than adults! Kids are just way more fun! I am excited to go back next Wednesday and continue to learn! He said that he is going to start pop quizzing me soon so hopefully I can remember everything he tells me!

This afternoon I took my brother to basketball and I ran into one of my old high school volleyball coaches there. Apparently Mission Viejo Volleyball Club practices at the same place as my brother's basketball team, so Coach Tim was at practice with his club team. It was fun to see him and catch up a little. But seeing all those girls practice sure made me miss volleyball! I just wanted to throw on some knee pads and spandex and start practicing with them! I hope I can get some playing time in this summer because I can't go very long with out being on the court! I also had to turn down my first job offer today..Why? Because they don't give Sundays off. So unfortunate. Hopefully a better job offer, or at least an interview, will come up soon because I am serious so tired of job hunting! Who knew it would be so exhausting! I have applied for 8 different places/companies and a total of 22 different positions because of the different store locations I applied to! I am officially tired of not having a plan for the summer! I love lists and plans, and not having a plan is driving me crazy! I need a work schedule ASAP so I can start hanging out with my friends around my work schedule! Everything is just up in the air! I am just hoping that I can get my summer rolling soon because thats when I will be relaxed, earning money, and able to actually enjoy my summer! and that's about it! so peaceee :)

No comments:

Post a Comment