Monday, April 23, 2012

Life Back in Southern California

So I am officially back in Southern California and summer has started! What am I going to do this summer? I have no clue! haha My job this week is to find a job! So far I have applied to PetSmart, PetCo, Camp James, SeaWorld, and Nordstrom. I am feeling kinda stressed since I don't have a plan for the summer yet! My first full day home was Saturday. I spent the entire morning cleaning my sisters room so I could move in and unpack my clothes! After that I went to Nordstrom Rack! My mom just knows me too well; she knew exactly where to take me my first day home! haha I have missed that place so much! I got 2 new tops and a pair of pink Hunter rain boots! They have kinda made my week! haha (see pic later in post) Yesterday, I went to my new singles ward for the first time and it was kinda weird. Not gonna lie, but they had a munch 'n' mingle after so that was kinda cool haha Hopefully once everyone from the Y gets home and starts going it will be a lot better! I can't believe I am gonna be in that ward for 4 months...a whole semesters worth! I just gotta have a positive attitude and try to get to know people since I will be there for so long! Overall it was a relaxing Sunday though, especially since I didn't have any school work to worry about! Today has definitely been interesting! I woke up to rain..woof. Why is it raining? Seriously. Only good thing about that was I got to wear my new rainboots today.
Also, there was a 3.99 earthquake this morning..nbd haha It only lasted about 5 seconds but it felt stronger because the epicenter was in San Juan, only 15 minutes from my house! Crazy Stuff! That is definitely the closest I have ever been to an epicenter. This afternoon I resumed my role as taxi driver and picked the sibs up from school. I just love how my brother is actually excited for me to pick him up now! He told me all about what happened when the earthquake hit and how everyone in his class reacted to it! haha He used to get bummed out and didn't really wanna talk when it was me picking him up instead of Mom, but now he's excited to see me! so that's good! haha For the rest of the day I am just gonna do some work for my Dad, hit up the gym, and read Hunger Games (gotta work on my summer bucket list!) Oh and I already checked one thing off my bucket list... buy a new pair of vans!
Hopefully I can continue to make good progress with my bucket list and have a successful, productive summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment